We are creating industrial blueberry plantations – a highly profitable business in the agricultural sector.
• The plantation bears fruit for 35-40 years
• Full payback for 4-5 years after planting
• Low annual blueberry plantation maintenance costs
The creation of industrial plantations of blueberries in contrast to traditional berry crops (currants, raspberries, etc.) requires compliance with certain prerequisites associated with the peculiarities of blueberry growth:
– 3000-3300 blueberry seedlings per 1 ha of plantings, selected by varieties for a specific region;
– acidic (pH 4.5-4.0), air-saturated planting substrate;
– drip irrigation system for constant maintenance of optimal water-air balance, fertilizer application, maintenance of pH level;
– fencing system for protection against wild animals;
– agricultural support, which includes constant monitoring of the plantation, determination of optimal plant protection systems against diseases and pests, calculation of quantities and timely application of mineral nutrition, etc.
Our proposal for the establishment of turnkey blueberry industrial plantations is based on a comprehensive approach to all the necessary work, supply of planting material, components of planting substrate, components of drip irrigation systems, agronomic support.
Blueberry plantation design:
• Site selection
• Analysis of soil and water
• Work plan for site preparation for planting
• Plantation project
• Consultations on Business Planning, Finance, Grants.
Creating a blueberry plantation:
• Site preparation for planting
• Drip irrigation system design
• Supply of components and installation of drip irrigation system
• Delivery of planting material
• Planting seedlings
• Plantation condition monitoring
• Program of agro-technical measures
• Mineral nutrition program
• Pest and disease control program
• Plantation preventive treatment program
• Training of farm specialists
With the use of appropriate varieties and planting schemes, the harvesting process can be mechanized. The first ripe berries are harvested by hand and sold on the market of fresh produce, and then, during mass ripening – use a combine harvester.
The first manual harvesting allows you to thin out the clusters of berries, after which they become suitable for harvesting by the combine.
Harvesting with a combine begins when 60-70% of the berries are ripe on the bushes. Re-harvest is carried out in 10 – 14 days.